The Google Maps API key allows your brokerage to display google maps information on your site, and your agent's websites. The creation of a google maps API key does require that this be done on your brokerage's Google Account and requires an active billing profile to be enabled on the google account as well. Below are a few easy steps to create an API key you can provide to TRIBUS to add to your site, as well as how to add a Billing Profile to your Google Project.
To create an API key:
Go to the APIs & Services > Credentials page.
- On the Credentials page, click Create credentials > API key.
The API key created dialog displays your newly created API key.
- Click Close.
The new API key is listed on the Credentials page under API keys.
(Remember to restrict the API key before using it in production.)
Further details can be found here:
To enable billing for your project:
- Go to the API Console.
- From the projects list, select a project or create a new one.
- Open the console left side menu and select Billing
- Click Enable billing. (If billing is already enabled then this option isn't available.)
- If you don't have a billing account, create one.
- Select your location, fill out the form, and click Submit and enable billing.
After you enable billing, any requests to billable APIs beyond their free courtesy usage limits are billed, subject to the billing terms of each API.
For more information about billing, see Create, modify, or close your billing account. For information about enabling APIs, see Enable and disable APIs.